Department of Education and Training


Bois Forte RTC

5344 Lakeshore Drive

Nett Lake, MN 55772

Phone: 218-757-3124 or 1-800-221-8129
Fax: 218-757-3126

Download Forms
(Adobe PDF Reader Required)

2013-2014 Annual Report Enrollment Form Out of State

Program Desciption

The Early Child Hood/Head Start programs offer child care and pre-school services for children ages 0-5. The Higher Education programs offer scholarships based upon need as defined by a school financial aid officer. The maximum allowance is $5,000 per academic year for undergraduates and $6,250 per academic year for graduate students.

The WIA (Workforce Investment Act) provides supportive services to assist individuals who are economically disadvantaged, unemployed or underemployed.The Direct Employment program assists band members who have recently obtained employment within a 90 mile radius of the Reservation with work related expenses.

Employee Name Title Phone Ext. Email

Billie Mason

Commissioner of Education




Leanne Hoffman

Education Programs Technician



Nett Lake Headstart/Daycare      
  Fax: 218-757-3394      

Christine Lundemo

Early Childhood Program Director



Angela Rendulich Head Start Teacher 218-757-3265    
Heather Nelson Head Start Teacher 218-757-3265    
Lori Hawk Nett Lake Child Care Center Teacher 218-757-3265    
Wendy Deatherage Nett Lake Child Care Center TA 218-757-3265    
Dalene Chosa Child Care Teacher Aid 218-757-3265    
Mark Salmela Family Services Manager      

Vonda Lee Carr

Head Start Data Manager



Laura Ferwalt

Head Start Nurse





Head Start/Daycare

  Fax: 218-753-1255      
Pamela Sherman Vermilion Center Director/Teacher 218-753-2024    
Tania Wilkin Vermilion Head Start Teacher 218-753-2024    
Amber Wilke Vermilion Head Start Teacher 218-753-2024    

Wilma Andrews

Vermilion Cook 218-753-2024    


Department of Energy (DOE) Scholars Program is now accepting application for Summer 2012

Visit for more information or to apply - deadline is November 15, 2011. 


College Tuition Waiver for Native American Students

Many states have enacted laws providing for scholarships,tuition waivers, or grant programs for Native Americans. Most of the states require that students be residents of the state prior to enrolling in a state college/university and/or be a member of a tribe from that state. Students should check with the colleges they are interested to see if Native American scholarships or tuition waivers are offered.

Click here to see a list of states that provide in-state tuition rates or tuition waiver to Native American students. Visit the state college/university website listed and search under "Financial Aide" for "American Indian" tuition waiver.