Policy and Guidelines for Issuance of Tribal Enrollment Picture Identification Cards
1) All applications for picture identification cards must be in person. No applications will be accepted by mail or fax. No replacement cards will be issued by mail.
2) Individual must complete the application for picture identification.
3) Individual must present one of the following forms of identification:
Certified birth record issued by a government bureau of vital statistics or board of health in the United States, District of Columbia, Guam, Puerto Rico, or United States Virgin Islands.
State issued driver’s license, driver’s permit or identification card that is not expired for more than one (1) year.
Valid INS Certificate of Citizenship.
Valid, unexpired United States passport.
Unexpired active duty, reserve or retired U.S military identification card (DD-2 or Geneva Conventions Common Access Card).
Canadian birth or naturalization certificate with an unexpired I-94 form attached. (Must be presented with a photo Secondary Document issued by a Canadian government agency.)
One of the following valid, unexpired documents issued by the U.S. Department of Justice or U.S. Department of Homeland Security.
(a) Employment Authorization Card with photo (I-688 or I-766 series)
(b) Certificate of Citizenship (N-560, N-561, or N-645)
(c) United States Citizen Identification card (I-179 or I 197)
(d) Northern Mariana Card (I-873)
(e) American Indian Card (I-872)
4) If a primary document is not presented, then a birth record on file with Bois Forte may be used along with secondary documents sufficient to verify identity.
Health Insurance card
U.S. social security card (nonmetal) or Canadian social insurance card
Certified government-issued marriage certificate
Certified U.S. or Canadian court order with full name and date of birth
Certified secondary or post-secondary school transcript containing legal full name and date of birth
Current secondary school (grades 7-12) student identification card with student’s name, photograph and date of birth or unique identification number
Current identification card (DD-1173 or DD-214) issued by the U.S. Department of Defense
Unexpired color-photo permit to carry a firearm or concealed weapon, issued by a U.S. police department or sheriff
Current pilot’s license issued by the Federal Aviation Administration
5) Application for picture identification along with photocopies of identification presented will be kept on file in the Enrollment Office.
6) A consecutive numbering system and log will be maintained indicating to whom a card is issued and who issued the card. All Human Resources staff is authorized to issue tribal identification cards in the absence of the enrollment coordinator.
7) Picture Identification cards will expire 5 years after the date of issue on the band member’s date of birth.
8) Picture Identification cards for children under the age of 13 will expire 2 years after the date of issue on the minor band member’s date of birth.
9) Picture identification cards for children ages 13-20 will expire on the child’s 21st birthday.
10) Initial card will be issued at no charge.
11) Replacement picture identification card fee of $10.00.