Public invited to meetings on Big and Little Fork River Watersheds, April 24 & 25
The public is invited to a community meeting on the watersheds of the Bigfork River on April 24 in Big Falls at the Big Falls Community Center, 410 2nd at 5:00 p.m..
The Little Fork River Watershed meeting will take place in Cook on April 25th at the LaCroix Ranger District, 320 North Highway 53, at 5:00 p.m. CLICK HERE FOR MORE INFORMATION
Memories of Big Rice - May 3
Have your or your friends or family harvested wild rice or the sugar bush at Big Rice? Would you like to go with the Heritage Center and Forest Service to Big Rice ro discuss the 2,000 years of history there? Your memories, stories and thoughts are important to nominate Big Rice to the National Register of Historic Places. This would be the first Ojibwe Tribe site in Minnesota listed as a traditional cultural property on the National Register.
This nomination is part of a master's thesis project of a Minnesota Chippewa Tribe enrollee (leech Lake).
Meet at the Heritage Center on May 3 at 10:00 a.m. to drive to Big Rice. Contact Bev at the Bois Forte Heritage Center for more information at 218.753.6017.
Bii-Zin-Da-De-Dah (Listen to One Another) Job Announcement
This Project is administered by the University of Nebraska – Lincoln. Field staff will meet participants in person to individually administer surveys to parents and youth in community and home settings. Staff may also be asked to assist with a 14-week family based intervention program. Work will take place on or near the Bois Forte Reservation. If you are selected you will be considered an employee of the University. In addition to wages, interviewers will also be reimbursed for mileage.
For more information about the position please contact our Onsite Regional Coordinator, Cindy McDougall at (218)375-3890. To apply, please email a letter of interest and resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org. For a complete job description, click here.
2016-2017 Minnesota Energy Program application
Click here for an application, deadline, May 31, 2017. Contact the Energy Program Administrator at 218-757-3261.
Golf Course Internship
The Wilderness Golf Course an internship to the Assistant Sales & Marketing Manager. For more information and to apply, click here.
Minnesota Chippewa Tribe 2018 Election Dates
According to Election Ordinace a candidate must reside on the reservation of his/her candidacy for at least the twelve month period immediately proceeding the date established for the Primary Election. The date for a candidate to meet this requirement is Monday, April 13, 2017. Click here to see the complete announcement and ordinance.
Medicare Sign up Day
2nd Monday of every month at Nett Lake & Vermilion Clinics
Medicare Sign Up Day will be the 2nd Monday of every month. If you are one of the following please come in:
· Your Medicare Part A & B initial enrollment period begins three months before your 65th birthday, includes the month you turn age 65, and ends three months after that birthday.
· If you plan to retire in 3 months.
· Certain people younger than age 65 can qualify for Medicare, too, including those with disabilities and those who have permanent kidney failure.
· If you are currently working and have creditable coverage through your employer you can still sign up for Medicare A.
· St. Louis County has programs that if you qualify will pay your Part B premium and copays.
Any Questions contact: Jeanine Whiteman: 218-757-3295 or Kristal Strong: 218-753-2182.
Play a Part in Super Bowl LII
Minnesota will host the Super Bowl on Saturday, February 4, 2018, and you’re invited to help give visitors a warm welcome. The Super Bowl Host Committee wants to present players, team owners, and other guests with gifts that celebrates Minnesota’s Native American culture: hand-made beaded lanyards. The Host Committee will ship you all the materials you need, and you’ll have the chance to win prizes and sell your merchandise at Super Bowl events!
Here’s how the Warm Welcome Lanyard Project works:
- You sign up to create a set of 5 lanyards (or more!) by contacting Collin Price at Collin@bteamstrategy.com or (608) 772-8848.
- Within a week, you’ll receive a lanyard kit with enough beads to make 5 lanyards in a special Aurora Borealis theme color palette. Peyote stitch, wrapped or loom style lanyards are all welcome, and you can use your own beads if you prefer.
- By participating in the Warm Welcome Lanyard Project, you could be selected to showcase your merchandise during 10 days of festivities leading up to the Super Bowl, when one and a half million people will be looking for unique memorabilia to purchase!
For more information, visit www.bteamstrategy.com/lanyard-project/.
RTC meetings now available via internet streaming
The Bois Forte Reservation Tribal Council meets the first and third Wednesdays of the month at 9 a.m.
The meeting location is rotated between the Government and Community Services Center in Nett Lake and Fortune Bay Resort Casino on the Vermilion sector of the reservation.
If you would like to watch the RTC meetings, use the following link on your computer or mobile device:https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC-8eFFMMC6TPPPiormljX0w
Current Job Openings
Click here for a list of all current job openings at Fortune Bay Resort Casino.
Enrollment Office Needs Your Help to Locate
If you know any of the individuals on this list, please have them call the Enrollment office at 218-757-3261 EXT. 162. If you know that someone on the list is deceased, please send documentation of death (Memorial card, Obituary, Death Certificate, etc) to Bois Forte Enrollment Office 5344 Lakeshore Drive, Nett Lake, MN 55772.
The Bois Forte Language App is Now Available
How to Get the Bois Forte Language App
For iPhone & iPad:
For Android devices:
- Go to the App Store
- Tap the search icon at the bottom of the screen
- Type bois forte ojibway into the search blank at the top of the screen
- Tap the Search button
- When Bois Forte Language App appears, tap Get
- Go to the Google Play Store
- Tap the search icon at the top of the screen
- Type bois forte into the search blank
- Tap the Search button
- When Bois Forte Tribal Government appears, tap Install
The app is free, but you must have an Apple iCloud account to download it. If you don’t have an iCloud account, you will be prompted to create one. As part of creating the account, you will be asked for credit card information. You will not be charged, because the app is free, but you still need to enter the credit card information to activate the account. If you don’t have a credit card, you can buy a prepaid card at Walmart, Target or your local pharmacy.
The app is free, but you must have a Google Play account to download it. If you don’t have a Google Play account, you will be prompted to create one. As part of creating the account, you will be asked for credit card information. You will not be charged, because the app is free, but you still need to enter the credit card information to activate the account. If you don’t have a credit card, you can buy a prepaid card at Walmart, Target or your local pharmacy.