2017 STATE OF THE BAND
Thursday, January 26, 2017
Click here for the event flyer.
Contact Louise Isham with questions at 218.757.3261 or firstname.lastname@example.org
RTC MEETING February 1, 2017
The next meeting of the RTC is set for February 1, 2017. If you have anything that needs attention before this date, the Council will address it with a Council Poll.
Snowmobile Safety Training & Certification -
Begins January 30th
Anyone born after December 31, 1976 must complete a Minnespta snowmobile safety training to operate a snowmobile in Minnesota.
This is a course for individuals 12 years old and up. We will cover basic operation, common parts and controls, operating safely and responsibly, rules and regulations. Completion of both the online self-study and the field day practical are required to earn a certificate. *Class size is limited to 15 students, so sign up ASAP!!
Registration is required if you want to participate, contact:
Cultural Preservation Specialist,
1854 Treaty Authority
218-722-8907 or email@example.com
Young Bois Forte Women invited to apply for
Young Women’s Cabinet
Attention Bois Forte young women – would you like to receive leadership training and be paid for your time?
If yes, click here to learn more about the new Young Women’s Initiative of Minnesota. This is a first of its kind partnership between the Women’s Foundation of Minnesota and the State of Minnesota. This multi-year, multi-million-dollar investment is designed to achieve equity in opportunities and to improve the lives of young women of color, American Indian young women, young women from Greater Minnesota, LGBTQ youth, and young women with disabilities.
The November 4 deadline for application has been extended. Click here for an application. Questions regarding the application can be directed to Deena Zubulake, Director of Youth Development, YWCA St. Paul, at firstname.lastname@example.org or 651-222-3741.
Vermilion Wellness Center 3 vs 3 tournament- February 11th
Click here to view a flyer about this event. Call Kyle Littlewolf (218)753-2843 or Earl Villebrun (218)757-3295 with questions.
2017 MNDOT/TRIBAL/CEMENT MASON UNION TRAINING SCREENING SCHEDULE
Click here for a complete schedule of classes.
Medicare Sign up Day - 2nd Monday of every month
at the Nett Lake & Vermilion Clinics
Medicare Sign Up Day will be the 2nd Monday of every month. If you are one of the following please come in:
· Your Medicare Part A & B initial enrollment period begins three months before your 65th birthday, includes the month you turn age 65, and ends three months after that birthday.
· If you plan to retire in 3 months.
· Certain people younger than age 65 can qualify for Medicare, too, including those with disabilities and those who have permanent kidney failure.
· If you are currently working and have creditable coverage through your employer you can still sign up for Medicare A.
· St. Louis County has programs that if you qualify will pay your Part B premium and copays.
Any Questions contact: Jeanine Whiteman: 218-757-3295 or Kristal Strong: 218-753-2182.
Play a Part in the Super Bowl
Minnesota will host the Super Bowl on Saturday, February 4, 2017, and you’re invited to help give visitors a warm welcome. The Super Bowl Host Committee wants to present players, team owners, and other guests with gifts that celebrates Minnesota’s Native American culture: hand-made beaded lanyards. The Host Committee will ship you all the materials you need, and you’ll have the chance to win prizes and sell your merchandise at Super Bowl events!
Here’s how the Warm Welcome Lanyard Project works:
- You sign up to create a set of 5 lanyards (or more!) by contacting Collin Price at Collin@bteamstrategy.com or (608) 772-8848.
- Within a week, you’ll receive a lanyard kit with enough beads to make 5 lanyards in a special Aurora Borealis theme color palette. Peyote stitch, wrapped or loom style lanyards are all welcome, and you can use your own beads if you prefer.
- By participating in the Warm Welcome Lanyard Project, you could be selected to showcase your merchandise during 10 days of festivities leading up to the Super Bowl, when one and a half million people will be looking for unique memorabilia to purchase!
For more information, visit www.bteamstrategy.com/lanyard-project/.
Bii-Zin-Da-De-Dah (Listening to One Another) Job Announcement
Click here to view a complete job description.
RTC meetings now available via internet streaming
The Bois Forte Reservation Tribal Council meets the first and third Wednesdays of the month at 9 a.m.
The meeting location is rotated between the Government and Community Services Center in Nett Lake and Fortune Bay Resort Casino on the Vermilion sector of the reservation.
If you would like to watch the RTC meetings, use the following link on your computer or mobile device:https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC-8eFFMMC6TPPPiormljX0w
January Bois Forte News
The January Bois Forte News has been posted.
Click here to view a copy.
Current Job Openings
Click here for a list of all current job openings at Fortune Bay Resort Casino.
Dumpster Bin Rentals
Due to the cold weather, the rental of dumpster bins will be discontinued for the winter season. This service of Bois Forte Environmental Service will resume in the Spring.
Bois Forte Head Start, Early Head Start &
Child Care has openings
Click here for more information and enrollment dates for Nett Lake and Vermilion or contact Christine Lundemo or
Vondalee Carr at 218.757.3265.
Enrollment Office Needs Your Help to Locate
If you know any of the individuals on this list, please have them call the Enrollment office at 218-757-3261 EXT. 162. If you know that someone on the list is deceased, please send documentation of death (Memorial card, Obituary, Death Certificate, etc) to Bois Forte Enrollment Office 5344 Lakeshore Drive, Nett Lake, MN 55772.
The Bois Forte Language App is Now Available
How to Get the Bois Forte Language App
For iPhone & iPad:
For Android devices:
- Go to the App Store
- Tap the search icon at the bottom of the screen
- Type bois forte ojibway into the search blank at the top of the screen
- Tap the Search button
- When Bois Forte Language App appears, tap Get
- Go to the Google Play Store
- Tap the search icon at the top of the screen
- Type bois forte into the search blank
- Tap the Search button
- When Bois Forte Tribal Government appears, tap Install
The app is free, but you must have an Apple iCloud account to download it. If you don’t have an iCloud account, you will be prompted to create one. As part of creating the account, you will be asked for credit card information. You will not be charged, because the app is free, but you still need to enter the credit card information to activate the account. If you don’t have a credit card, you can buy a prepaid card at Walmart, Target or your local pharmacy.
The app is free, but you must have a Google Play account to download it. If you don’t have a Google Play account, you will be prompted to create one. As part of creating the account, you will be asked for credit card information. You will not be charged, because the app is free, but you still need to enter the credit card information to activate the account. If you don’t have a credit card, you can buy a prepaid card at Walmart, Target or your local pharmacy.